• Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Основной раздел » [Архив] Новостной форум | Инди » [The Age of Decadence] Май, 2013
[The Age of Decadence] Май, 2013
Цитата (m00n1ight)
Создателям часто кажется, что в их детище бесконечно много недостатков, и они готовы исправлять их бесконечно.

Sadly, I formed a different impression as a gamer - developers often think that their design ideas and games are like totally awesome and the best ever.

Цитата
То есть, нужно подходить к проблемам не только с позиции необходимости их решить, но и с позиции "а сколько времени это займёт?" (как говорит Свен, некоторые отзывы журналистов потребовали бы переделать игру едва ли не с нуля, что, быть может, и нужно, но не стоит делать). Проблем много, даже очень очевидных. Но иногда стоит остановиться и, всё же, выпустить игру.

Well, changing something completely and starting from scratch is rarely a good idea, regardless of circumstances.

Цитата
Иначе может получиться как с Duke Nukem Forever. Или (менее удачный, но более близкий пример) с Grimoire.

Duke Nukem Forever is a story of a guy who didn't know what he wanted and kept changing things radically. Grimoire's a different story - Cleve worked alone for years (I'm very fortunate to have a team of like-minded and very capable individuals) and the game's more of his hobby rather than a commercial product.
# 26 | , 01:02 | Vince
Iron Tower Studio
Цитата (Vince)
We have NPCs like Lucius, for example, who will teach you how to use hammers better, Cassius who might teach you how to work with metals, etc. Is that what you had in mind or something else?
I suppose, he asked about battle abilities such as dagger flurry, whirlwind, etc.

Цитата (Vince)
You're right, I forgot about that. Well, highlighting the plates would
be kinda silly (never liked that in games), but so is forcing people to
pixel-hunt. We'll try to find some middle ground there.
I can see only two solutions for this problem:
1. Highlighting. And I can not see any problem with it. Not sure why you called this silly, but in any case it is optional. You need to press button to highlight items, so you can just ignore this possibility.

2. Detailed text descriptions for (almost) everything. It is cool, but it also has its disadvantages. For example, we can encounter the following description "you are entering the large hall with a number of tables in the middle, a chest near the window and pile of junk in the corner". How can you understand what of these is worth checking?
And you must write the similar descriptions for every room (or even every active item) in the game. Is it worth doing? I doubt that. I like good written "flavor text" very much, but (in my opinion) it much more important for creating an atmosphere, than for hinting what item you can use on the screen.

But if your team can invent something more convenient than these two variants - I will be only glad.

Maybe you wonder why such a small thing is warring me so much, but I can not see any important flaws in your game, except such "minor" problems. And of course I want more content. (:

Сообщение отредактировал DarkEld3r - Четверг, 2013-06-06, 00:23

# 27 | , 00:20 | DarkEld3r
Я имел виду наставников которые могут обучить уникальному умению, которое персонаж сам не знает и оно недоступно через прокачку. Кстати под уникальностью я имею виду что ему можно научится у определенного наставника, которого для сложности надо еше и найти.
# 28 | , 04:08 | LF-1076
DrukqZX на работе , я за него.
Цитата (Vince)
Duke Nukem Forever is a story of a guy who didn't know what he wanted and kept changing things radically.

В процессе он переходил с движка на движок, потому как в процессе разработки они успевали устаревать. При этом делал он это из самых лучших побуждений - улучшал визуальную составляющую игры.

Цитата (LF-1076)
Я имел виду наставников которые могут обучить уникальному умению, которое персонаж сам не знает и оно недоступно через прокачку.

Если я правильно понял, то это примерно как в Готике "взлом замков", "алхимия", "акробатика" и т. п.
# 29 | , 09:11 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
Лучшее - враг хорошего.
# 30 | , 15:27 | 13th_Ka7aHe4
Форум » Основной раздел » [Архив] Новостной форум | Инди » [The Age of Decadence] Май, 2013
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск: