• Страница 3 из 3
  • «
Форум » Основной раздел » Iron Tower Studio » Вопросы Винсу Веллеру (Для интервью.)
Вопросы Винсу Веллеру
Some questions strictly about Colony Ship.

1) No budget for craft system, okay, I get it. Any chance to have some additional options for gadgets? For example - 1/1/2 energy shield, 45 hp, 3 DR [all is working normally]. You click first option - DR becomes 1, but shield HP regeneration per turn is increased (numbers for you to decide). Second option - shield HP is increased, DR is still 3 but shield HP regeneration is decreased. Something like this for distortion field and cloaking device as well. And an option to return to default settings.

2) I was going with 2 characters, one for siding with Jonas+Brotherhood and second with Regulators+Protectors. Was giggling like a little girl when I learned about Protector's "the loot belongs to the Party" policy (thanks for Damaged Combat Helmet anyway). It is pretty obvious that AoD had more factional "choice forks", plot twists, betrayal opportunities. Overall the story is more predictable (not a minus, just an observation from big AoD fan). Is it all because of limited budget and tiresome coding of all outcomes for the final part in AoD?

3) Have you thought about giving us "overwatch" x-com style ability? Or in this combat framework "reaction" attacks are our absolute maximum?

3) Some players are frustrated with 50-60-70 base accuracy start. "Too low", they say. The game implies that +accuracy feat (shotgunner, rifleman and so on) is mandatory for any combat-oriented character. Changing or not changing numbers is up for you. How about giving some kind of build-building hint and arranging all +accuracy feats as a separate group ("ding ding pick one of these, thank us later") with highest priority in the list of feats?

4) Who made/gave idea for Sergeant Smiles? Reward this person somehow. The NPC lady is wildfire. This is how the one should create a remarkable episodic companion with interesting encounter(s). Hell, some are asking for an option to promote her to possible party member biggrin

Сообщение отредактировал Interactivist - Суббота, 2023-04-29, 16:28

# 51 | , 16:24 | The_Interactivist
Цитата Interactivist ()
1) No budget for craft system, okay, I get it. Any chance to have some additional options for gadgets?

Sadly, no.

Цитата
Overall the story is more predictable (not a minus, just an observation from big AoD fan). Is it all because of limited budget and tiresome coding of all outcomes for the final part in AoD?

No. Scripting did affect the flow, but not the story itself.

Цитата
3) Have you thought about giving us "overwatch" x-com style ability? Or in this combat framework "reaction" attacks are our absolute maximum?

Limited resources. Nothing that you (other players) suggested is some impossible task but everything takes time and the game took long enough as is.

Цитата
3) Some players are frustrated with 50-60-70 base accuracy start.

Some players are always frustrated, no matter what you do.

Цитата
"Too low", they say. The game implies that +accuracy feat (shotgunner, rifleman and so on) is mandatory for any combat-oriented character. Changing or not changing numbers is up for you. How about giving some kind of build-building hint and arranging all +accuracy feats as a separate group ("ding ding pick one of these, thank us later") with highest priority in the list of feats?

We'll go over the hints when everything else is done and see how we can improve it.

Цитата
Who made/gave idea for Sergeant Smiles? Reward this person somehow. The NPC lady is wildfire.

Thank you. I'll give myself a pat on the back on your behalf.

Цитата
Hell, some are asking for an option to promote her to possible party member.

We would if it were that easy (too much scripting; not to have her join you but throughout the game).
# 52 | , 19:25 | Vince
Iron Tower Studio
Омг, я закрутился, пропустил самое интересное и, кажется, пропустил возможность задать вопросы одному из самых значащих для меня людей в геймдеве. Если вдруг ещё не поздно:

1. How was the black-and-green gamma chosen for CS? A common sci-fi color scheme is used in bright colors. It looks vulgar, but boosts sales.

2. If you saw yourself in your current situation 25 years ago, would you try to start some kind of commercial project (not related to games) first, so that now you can work on dream games more freely?

3. For me, the biggest problem with games is their reactivity. The character does not realize his plans to put the world in order, but delivers a water chip or searches for a stolen polyhedron. Do you think it is possible today to create a game where the character himself would discover the oddities of the world and solve them? I'm not talking about "sandboxes", but about a thoughtful, functional and full of mysteries world. That is, the game world is a hyper-puzzle built on some unusual assumption. The player does not know its principles, but sees repercussions that are unusual for their experience and can try to unravel the situation and somehow use it. 
It seemed to me that in the AoD, among other things, a similar attempt was made, but there the hidden situation itself was invented as a set of facts from the past of that world.
But if the game had the only assumption unknown to the player (for example: the player's character is Truman from the movie "The Truman Show" and does not know about it, or Joe Chip from "Ubik"), and the plot itself develops automatically, to the extent of the characters created by the authors and the rules by which the fictional world works?
# 53 | , 07:40 | ukdouble1
Цитата ukdouble1 ()
1. How was the black-and-green gamma chosen for CS? A common sci-fi color scheme is used in bright colors. It looks vulgar, but boosts sales.

We don't do vulgar, but this question should be directed at Oscar who handles all level design.

Цитата
f you saw yourself in your current situation 25 years ago, would you try to start some kind of commercial project (not related to games) first, so that now you can work on dream games more freely?

I did see myself in this situation 25 years ago. We started working on AoD without suffering under any illusions that it might be a top seller. Just like today, we hoped that it would sell enough to pay for the next game's development, and just like today it was a coin toss.

Sooner or later the coin will land the wrong way and we'll lose, but hopefully we can make a couple of games before it happens.

As for making commercially viable projects... I think to make a successful indie (meaning tiny budget) action game, you must really love the genre. I don't. I enjoy an occasional action RPG but it's not the same.

Цитата
Do you think it is possible today to create a game where the character himself would discover the oddities of the world and solve them?

Everything is possible but it requires more effort (and a lot more scripting) than making something much simpler.

Цитата
...and the plot itself develops automatically, to the extent of the characters created by the authors and the rules by which the fictional world works?

This will require an AI or a very large team (similar to large teams focused almost exclusively on the visuals).
# 54 | , 14:11 | Vince
Iron Tower Studio
Цитата ukdouble1 ()
1. How was the black-and-green gamma chosen for CS? A common sci-fi color scheme is used in bright colors. It looks vulgar, but boosts sales.

Прошёл современные Shadowrun и ему понравилось. spiteful С первых скриншотов не могу отделаться от ощущения. Уж очень похоже визуально всё это задизайнено, местами вплоть до раскладки интерфейса.

Я удалился от мира не потому, что имел врагов, а потому, что имел друзей. Не потому, что они вредили мне, как это обычно бывает, а потому, что они считали меня лучшим, чем я есть. Этой лжи я вынести не мог. © Альбер Камю
# 55 | , 14:18 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
I am nothing (but odd man).
1. Последствия выбора будут сказываться на всём протяжении игры или только в финале (в титрах и слайдах)?
Мне нравится когда в процессе игры можно видеть последствия своих решений.

2. Последствия выборов будут локальные или глобальные?

3. Обычно в финале предоставляется несколько выборов, - сколько таких выборов будет доступно в финале игры?
Мне не нравится когда в финале можно перебрать сразу множество вариантов (добрый, злой и другие). На мой взгляд это рушит отыгрывание характера персонажа и вредит реиграбельности.

4. В CSRPG пошаговый режим боя, - почему?
В последние годы turn-base широко распространён, но в 90-00 годах многие ролевые игры были real-time. В некоторых RPG (Arcanum, Fallout: Tactics) можно выбирать из 2-3 режимов.

5. Планируется ли игра на Switch? (другой человек интересуется)
# 56 | , 13:38 | QweSteR
War. War never changes.
Цитата QweSteR ()
Последствия выборов будут локальные или глобальные?

Думаю, если хорошенько позадротить в AoD, 1 и 2 вопросы отвалятся сами собой. smile

Я удалился от мира не потому, что имел врагов, а потому, что имел друзей. Не потому, что они вредили мне, как это обычно бывает, а потому, что они считали меня лучшим, чем я есть. Этой лжи я вынести не мог. © Альбер Камю
# 57 | , 13:48 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
Да и свища примерно 100% не будет, разве что может стим дек, да и то...

# 59 | , 16:57 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
Цитата QweSteR ()
1. Последствия выбора будут сказываться на всём протяжении игры или только в финале (в титрах и слайдах)?

Both.

Цитата
2. Последствия выборов будут локальные или глобальные?

Both.

Цитата
3. Обычно в финале предоставляется несколько выборов, - сколько таких выборов будет доступно в финале игры?

More than three.

Цитата
В CSRPG пошаговый режим боя, - почему?

Personal preference.

Цитата
В последние годы turn-base широко распространён, но в 90-00 годах многие ролевые игры были real-time.

The Dark Ages.

Цитата
5. Планируется ли игра на Switch? (другой человек интересуется)

No plans at the moment.
# 60 | , 18:12 | Vince
Iron Tower Studio
Цитата _______ ()
Думаю, если хорошенько позадротить в AoD, 1 и 2 вопросы отвалятся сами собой. smile
А я тебе и писал.., что прежде мне надо в АоД поиграть, а потом вопросы задавать. Но т.к. меня попросили узнать про Свич, то я решил и свои задать. Но до АоД я ещё не скоро доберусь.., а уж тем более до завершения прохождения.
# 61 | , 14:15 | QweSteR
War. War never changes.
Cumpilated.

# 62 | , 23:44 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
Tough crowd, eh?
# 63 | , 02:11 | Vince
Iron Tower Studio
Цитата Vince ()
Tough crowd, eh?

More comments on DTF, but... DTF is DTF.

# 64 | , 02:14 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
That's what I was referring to.
# 65 | , 02:16 | Vince
Iron Tower Studio
Цитата Vince ()
That's what I was referring to.

I'm not surprised. That's expected. I only posted on DTF for more publicity. 95% of people are idiots but there are other 5%.

Also, I prepared Engrish (sorry about that) version of this article.

# 66 | , 02:21 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
I am trying to get some info from a guy in the commentary section, who went into some ruined temple (in AoD), met high-level enemies (lol) but was unable to leave, because doors were locked (lolx2) and only the last boss had the key (lolx3). After all these years I think we have found that secret AoD DLC, people! This is where the third glowing green jar (+1 str / dex or con) must be! Or it is just overhyped Al-Akia...

Сообщение отредактировал Interactivist - Вторник, 2023-05-09, 02:58

# 67 | , 02:26 | The_Interactivist

# 68 | , 03:01 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
Цитата Interactivist ()
I am trying to get some info from a guy in the commentary section, who went into some ruined temple (in AoD), met high-level enemies (lol) but was unable to leave, because doors were locked (lolx2) and only the last boss had the key (lolx3). After all these years I think we have found that secret AoD DLC, people! This is where the third glowing green jar (+1 str / dex or con) must be! Or it is just overhyped Al-Akia...

The manboons are not a learning animals, as said the great Neanderthal.
The same manboon:

Typical candidate for postnatal abortion. His removal alone should improve average world's IQ for several points.
# 69 | , 08:42 | Xanathar
Цитата Interactivist ()
we have found that secret AoD DLC
Я думаю, человек про падение в жертвенную яму в деревне говорил.
# 70 | , 18:58 | ukdouble1
Vince, one quick question. Are beliefs affecting/will affect anything at all? Seems like beliefs section of character screen is mostly for role-play flavor, right? I got high "authority" on one of my chars after answering questions and went regulators+protectors route, but there were no checks for any belief in my playthrough. No belief checks for another char in brotherhood route either.
# 71 | , 23:35 | The_Interactivist
Вот, кстати, интересный вопрос, который я тоже хотел задать.

# 72 | , 00:14 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
Форум » Основной раздел » Iron Tower Studio » Вопросы Винсу Веллеру (Для интервью.)
  • Страница 3 из 3
  • «
Поиск: