Форум » Основной раздел » Iron Tower Studio » The Age of Decadence » The Age of Decadence (Хардкорная ролевая игра с мощным упором на ролевые механики)
The Age of Decadence
Цитата katarn ()
Какие ты знаешь удачные игры, которые делали десять лет?

Я как раз из тех, кому пофиг, сколько лет делают, а пиксели в 1980 и пиксели в 2014 - одинаковы (то есть, я не буду с упоением гонять два пикселя 1980 по экрану и воротить нос от игры 2014 потому, что полигонов маловато).

У меня есть Ранний доступ, увиденное мне очень нравится (что я и изложил в своём обзоре), и как бы если будут делать ещё лет 15, я не умру. Поиграть мне найдётся во что. Как выйдет - так и выйдет.
# 151 | , 06:03 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
А я не про то, что тебе пофиг или не пофиг. Я про сухую статистику. 10+ лет разработки и отличная игра? Не было такого. Это к графике, кстати, не имеет отношения. Вообще, к технической стороне. В сети, кстати, полно посмортемов по долгостроям (или отмененным играм) с разбором (по мнению авторов) причин их провалов/отмены.
# 152 | , 06:07 | katarn
Цитата katarn ()
10+ лет разработки и отличная игра? Не было такого.

BioWare по шесть лет делали - и ничего, отличные игры получались.
# 153 | , 06:14 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
Цитата katarn ()
10+ лет разработки и отличная игра? Не было такого

Это не аргумент. Если какое-либо вероятное событие не происходило в прошлом, это не значит, что оно невозможно.

# 154 | , 10:20 | Товарищ
Спонсор C.O.R.E.
Цитата katarn ()

Цитата katarn ()
В сети, кстати, полно посмортемов по долгостроям

Игра, судя по раннему доступу, действительно близка к завершению, никаких же кардинальных изменений, на сколько мне известно, не планируется, поэтому вопрос лишь в сроках выхода.
# 155 | , 12:00 | JackOfShadows
Цитата katarn ()
...но это звучит так, будто Age of Decadence будет нереально нелинейной RPG с невероятным сценарием. Это замах, ну, не знаю, в моей системе координат - BG, Fallout, Witcher, Planescape, что там еще великого. Но обещать что-то великое и сделать что-то великое - это две большие разницы.

А пока все, что есть - обещание сделать классно. Думаю, не надо напоминать недавние
новости про урезание фич в Wasteland 2, а обещали все-таки другое.

What you fail to realize (intentionally or not) that 75% of the game is playable and available. The general consensus among the players is that the game delivers on what we promised and is indeed a very non-linear game with a very high number of meaningful options.

Your preference not to play games until they're released is understandable. Your attempt to ignore the fact that 75% of the game in question does exist isn't.

Цитата
Поправь, если ошибаюсь, но игру делают десять лет. Какие ты знаешь удачные игры, которые делали десять лет?

Again, 75% of the game is available. Players' reviews on Steam are overwhelmingly positive (better than I expected). What difference does it make how long it took us to get to this point?

Цитата
В сети, кстати, полно посмортемов по долгостроям (или отмененным играм) с разбором (по мнению авторов) причин их провалов/отмены.

In most cases the reason is mismanagement or lack of vision or constantly changing vision.

When a large company that can put a game together in 2-3 years takes 8-10 (and then cancels), the answer is simple - they don't know what they want to make and keep changing things around or keep chasing cutting edge graphics to blow the reviewers away.

In our case it's very simple: 4-people team, overly ambitious goals. We should have started small, but then again, who wants to play "small" games?

Сообщение отредактировал Vince - Воскресенье, 2014-07-27, 17:42

# 156 | , 17:40 | Vince
Iron Tower Studio
Цитата Товарищ ()
Это не аргумент. Если какое-либо вероятное событие не происходило в прошлом, это не значит, что оно невозможно.
Это очень аргумент. "Статистика" называется.

Цитата Vince ()
What you fail to realize (intentionally or not) that 75% of the game is playable and available. The general consensus among the players is that the game delivers on what we promised and is indeed a very non-linear game with a very high number of meaningful options. Your preference not to play games until they're released is understandable. Your attempt to ignore the fact that 75% of the game in question does exist isn't.
But why? I really appreciate the fact that 75% of the game are already complete. But there is no clue when all 100% will be available.
Цитата Vince ()
Players' reviews on Steam are overwhelmingly positive (better than I expected). What difference does it make how long it took us to get to this point?
No offence, but fans' reviews of Fallout 3 (Van Burren) were positive too although it wasn't a game at all. I am not a fan of anything (even isometric Fallout 4 from Avellone) who will spoil 80% of fun 3 years before game actualy will be released. I think you can impress me so I am waiting for it. 10 years.

I don't want to say AoD is a bad game or will be a bad game. I just say, that I don't like waiting for the game I am really excited about for 10+ years. I really liked what I saw in demo last time I tried it. I believe that game can't be in development for too long for lots of reasons. But if this game will be good it will... hmmm... break statistics. And will change my opinion about "development hell'. It's not even a criticism, it's just a humble opinion. I don't think you want to be surrounded by flatterers only like creators of Super Mario 100500 or Broken Age are.

I don't even state my apprehension about AoD in my IGN Russia articles because I understand difference between constructive criticism and personal desires. But when I talk about AoD here, I believe, I can do it. 

P.S. Since I have this opportunity I want to say I was a bit confused by official site of Iron Tower Studio. Didn't find contact page. Does it exist? You said about little team, but I don't believe that little teams don't want to be unmissed by press. Or maybe I was searching in wrong direction?
# 157 | , 18:40 | katarn
Цитата katarn ()
But why? I really appreciate the fact that 75% of the game are already complete. But there is no clue when all 100% will be available.

Hopefully soon enough but that's not what we're discussing here. We're talking about promises vs playable, hence your Wasteland 2 example. Our "75% of the game, all-features" build speaks for itself, thus questioning our claim that the game is non-linear and has a lot of options is kinda silly.

Цитата
No offence, but fans' reviews of Fallout 3 (Van Burren) were positive too although it wasn't a game at all.

It's a bit different though. Fans of any series will rate an upcoming or promising but canceled game highly, but our game isn't "of the series". It had no fans on Steam and each person who shared his or her impressions is a person who actually played the game.

Цитата
I think you can impress me so I am waiting for it. 10 years.

Better late than never?

Цитата
I don't want to say AoD is a bad game or will be a bad game. I just say, that I don't like waiting for the game I am really excited about for 10+ years.

And I don't like spending 10 years to make a game but them's the breaks and neither of us has a choice. Well, you can decide that you're tired of waiting for it and move on. I can't.

I gave this simple example before:

It takes about 3 years to make a full-scale RPG (1.5-2 years if you're doing a sequel like KOTOR 2 and has an existing engine, systems, and assets. Some teams go to 75-100 people (NWN and Oblivion), but let's be modest and go with 15 people working full time, 40 hours a week.

So 15 people x 3 years x 52 weeks x 40 hours = 93,600 man-hours

If we go with 20 people working 50 hours, which is more realistic, we get 156,000 man-hours - almost twice as much.

We work part-time for the first 8 years (I'm the only one who's full-time now and only for the last year and a half or so), so:

4 people x 8 years x 52 weeks x 15 hours/week = 24,960.

You hear 8-10 years and think it's far too long, assuming that something must have gotten wrong, but there is more to it than the number of years.

Цитата
I don't even state my apprehension about AoD in my IGN Russia articles because I understand difference between constructive criticism and personal desires. But when I talk about AoD here, I believe, I can do it.

By all means. I don't take different opinions personally.

Цитата
P.S. Since I have this opportunity I want to say I was a bit confused by official site of Iron Tower Studio. Didn't find contact page. Does it exist? You said about little team, but I don't believe that little teams don't want to be unmissed by press. Or maybe I was searching in wrong direction?

There is a contact us email at the bottom of the page, but there is no "about us" page because I don't think it's relevant or needed. Waste of a perfectly good page, if you ask me.

If you're curious, we have one programmer, one animator, one artist/designer, one writer/designer (that would be me). Recently, a talented concept artist joined our crew - he is to thank for the portraits, interface, the main screen and new item icons.

Edit: Correction: there was a 'contact us' email but we dropped it accidentally when we updated the site. Either way, we aren't hard to contact.
# 158 | , 19:32 | Vince
Iron Tower Studio
Цитата Vince ()
It's a bit different though. Fans of any series will rate an upcoming or promising but canceled game highly, but our game isn't "of the series". It had no fans on Steam and each person who shared his or her impressions is a person who actually played the game.

I think, that any game in development can receive its personal fans and even evangelists. Dozens or hundreds or more - some people became fans of AoD before it came to Steam. One of them, for example, was posting some news on another forum several years ago like a PR-manager (link in this thread, I don't know, 1-2 pages before, if you want proofs).

Цитата Vince ()
Our "75% of the game, all-features" build speaks for itself, thus questioning our claim that the game is non-linear and has a lot of options is kinda silly.
Noone questioned any feature. Since I test lots of early access games like new Jagged Alliance, I understand difference between totaly empty shell and build, filled with lots of working systems.

Цитата Vince ()
Edit: Correction: there was a 'contact us' email but we dropped it accidentally when we updated the site. Either way, we aren't hard to contact.
As for me, you'd better add it again. It's really strange that you are so talkative and doesn't have "contact us" button simultaneously smile
# 159 | , 21:23 | katarn
Цитата katarn ()
I think, that any game in development can receive its personal fans and even evangelists. Dozens or hundreds or more - some people became fans of AoD before it came to Steam. One of them, for example, was posting some news on another forum several years ago like a PR-manager (link in this thread, I don't know, 1-2 pages before, if you want proofs).

That was the chief and only moderator of our forums - a giant amongst men. His enthusiasm can be easily written off, 90% of positive reviews on Steam (for a hardcore and unforgiving RPG) can't. I'd say it's quite an achievement.

Anyway, my point was that the game is no longer at a "vision" state where all you have is developers' promises and talk. It exists and can be played and nobody has to take my word for it at this point.

Цитата
As for me, you'd better add it again. It's really strange that you are so talkative and doesn't have "contact us" button simultaneously.

I keep track of and visit all AoD related discussions as it's important for any developer to see his/her game through other people's eyes.

We'll add the email address though, thanks.
# 160 | , 21:58 | Vince
Iron Tower Studio
:some spy mode:
Цитата Vince
Working day and night. There are 6 locations left to do. We're working on Ganezzar (the third city and the biggest chunk of work), Al-Akia (old ruins where it all started), and an ancient hangar where you can <spoiler below>. These locations should be released in the fall and then we'll be 'almost done' as the rest is easy.

Сообщение отредактировал JackOfShadows - Воскресенье, 2014-08-10, 19:23

# 161 | , 16:15 | JackOfShadows
JackOfShadows, и что с ним делать?
# 162 | , 20:43 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
m00n1ight, вероятно это одна из концовок, как в НВ (или даже цивилизации), типа "пошли все на хрен, я сваливаю cool

Добавлено (25.08.2014, 14:33)
---------------------------------------------

Цитата Vince
When? Most likely late October or early November. I understand it's not the answer you wanted to hear, but it's the best answer I can give you at this point.
О добавлении Ганеззара. Это к вопросу о сроках, а ведь будет еще дополнительное тестирование... В общем, терпение, и еще раз терпение.

Сообщение отредактировал JackOfShadows - Воскресенье, 2014-08-10, 20:59

# 163 | , 14:33 | JackOfShadows
Цитата JackOfShadows ()
Это к вопросу о сроках, а ведь будет еще дополнительное тестирование... В общем, терпение, и еще раз терпение.

Я уже устал шутить на эту тему. Честно.
# 164 | , 15:08 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
Better late than never?
# 165 | , 17:03 | Vince
Iron Tower Studio
Я себя этим утешаю уже не первый год. cool
# 166 | , 17:15 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
Вроде АоД перенесли на 2015 год, я не видел у вас новости про это. )

Я пришел! ^O^__^O^
# 167 | , 18:02 | Jahont
Очередной перенос Age of Decadance является, несомненно, универсальной новостью на каждый год, но Винс о новых сроках разве что-то конкретное говорил? А то «вроде» — это на другие сайты, если что, нам бы официальную информацию. smile

"Disco Elysium is cool and all, but you need to be able to throw a fireball into a crowd for a game to be an rpg." © Jvegi, RPG Codex
# 168 | , 18:12 | Протей
Калликантзарос перехожий
На рутрекере это написал человек. что занимается переводом на русский, и весьма плотно сидит на их форуме.

Цитата
Релиз откладывается, ориентировочно до нового года - весны 2015. Как обычно, Early Access будет обновляться по мере совершенствования Маадорана и допиливания Ганеззара. Причина, как всегда, в нежелании приносить в жертву качество (перфекционизм допиливания, тестирования и баланса) ради ускорения релиза
"We're still working on Ganezzar. We're progressing but at a slower rate. I don't want to cut any corners and getting the quality I want takes a bit of time. We hoped to start testing by the end of August, which didn't happen. Teron also took longer than expected and it plays part in Ganezzar's events so it had to be done first.
So at best we'll start testing by the end of October. Hopefully we can do it in a month and release Ganezzar and 2 locations by the end of Nov, which won't give us enough time to do the remaining 3 locations in 2014. Once Ganezzar's done, the rest is easy but until it's done we can't say for sure when the game will be released."

Сообщение отредактировал Jahont - Вторник, 2014-09-16, 18:56

Я пришел! ^O^__^O^
# 169 | , 18:55 | Jahont
А давайте просто Винса спросим вот тут?

# 170 | , 18:59 | Товарищ
Спонсор C.O.R.E.
Мне - не зачем, я вполне доверяю человеку, это опубликовавшему.

Я пришел! ^O^__^O^
# 171 | , 19:03 | Jahont
Дело не в доверии, а в принципах публикации новостей на сайте. У нас и не могло быть этой новости, так это это не официальная информация.

И вообще, да, если продолжать, то лучше в теме игры.

"Disco Elysium is cool and all, but you need to be able to throw a fireball into a crowd for a game to be an rpg." © Jvegi, RPG Codex
# 172 | , 19:08 | Протей
Калликантзарос перехожий
А, ну... сии тонкости были в стороне от меня. Я просто размести объяву, как говорится.

Я пришел! ^O^__^O^
# 173 | , 19:23 | Jahont
Цитата Jahont ()
Вроде АоД перенесли на 2015 год, я не видел у вас новости про это.

В шапке темы содержится хинт по поводу сроков релиза игры, плюс приводится обещание Винса о начале финального тестирования весной, чего, как знают люди, следящие за игрой, не произошло до сих пор.

Из этого вывод делается сам собой, в общем-то, плюс я относительно недавно копировал сообщения Винса по поводу сроков в теме обсуждения игры, а он красноречиво прокомментировал там же это чуть позже лично. Так что новость делать тут действительно не из чего даже безотносительно к принципам их формирования на сайте.
# 174 | , 19:35 | JackOfShadows
Цитата Jahont ()
На рутрекере это написал человек. что занимается переводом на русский, и весьма плотно сидит на их форуме.

На три вещи можно смотреть бесконечно:

1. Огонь.
2. Вода.
3. Разработка The Age of Decadence.
# 175 | , 16:07 | m00n1ight
(Автор темы)
Форум » Основной раздел » Iron Tower Studio » The Age of Decadence » The Age of Decadence (Хардкорная ролевая игра с мощным упором на ролевые механики)
Поиск: